Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to move public and private GPG keys to another machine using a USB drive

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How to move public and private GPG keys to another machine using a USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by yeehi View Post
    I don't know how to switch from having icons depicting the path in the folder browser to having a text line where I can type something in.
    Open a terminal, and a Nautilus (file manager) window. Use the file manager to find the required folder, drag and drop it into the terminal; the patch will be automatically entered in the terminal.

Beans

Re: How to move public and private GPG keys to another machine using a USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    Open a terminal, and a Nautilus (file manager) window. Use the file manager to find the required folder, drag and drop it into the terminal; the patch will be automatically entered in the terminal.
    I think the previous poster meant they wanted to be able to type in an address into their file browser, rather than clicking on visible icons. Assuming you are using the Nautilus file browser, then a location can be typed in by either going to the "Go" menu and clicking "Location..." or by pressing CTRL+L

Also, if you're looking for hidden files, go to the View menu and select "Show Hidden Files" or press CTRL+H.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12