Thread: Bastion freezing/crashing (HIB V via Software Centre)

Beans
    Hidden!

Bastion freezing/crashing (HIB V via Software Centre)

Hi,

Purchased the Humble Indie Bundle 5 and installed Basion via the Ubuntu Software Centre.

When I launch the game it will imidiatly stop responding as soon as I move my mouse. I typically have to switch to another console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and back to get out and then close it.

If I don't move my mouse the game loads up to the menu where I can see the mouse cursor but when moving the mouse nothing happens... I eventually have to do the same as above to get out.

Any thoughts?

Come shoot the breeze with us on the Ubuntu Forums IRC channel - #ubuntuforums

Beans

Re: Bastion freezing/crashing (HIB V via Software Centre)

Check the Software Updater and ensure you're using the most recent version of Bastion.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
    Check the Software Updater and ensure you're using the most recent version of Bastion.
    Hi,

Yes I am very very up-to-date (When I have nothing better to do I usually; Ctrl+Alt+t - sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade)

Beans

Try editing the file OpenTK.dll.config in the directory where Bastion is installed (for me it's /usr/local/games/Bastion, but I didn't use the Software Center, so your location could be different). Add this line:
    <dllmap os="linux" dll="libXi" target="libXi.so.6"/>

right after the other lines that start with dllmap os="linux" (actually it doesn't matter where as long as you add it within the configuration tags that the file begins and ends with). Oh, I meant to add that you will need to do this as root (use sudo).

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by CFWhitman View Post
    Try editing the file OpenTK.dll.config in the directory where Bastion is installed (for me it's /usr/local/games/Bastion, but I didn't use the Software Center, so your location could be different). Add this line:

right after the other lines that start with dllmap os="linux" (actually it doesn't matter where as long as you add it within the configuration tags that the file begins and ends with). Oh, I meant to add that you will need to do this as root (use sudo).
    Thanks for the info... bit late for me as I am running Windows on my gaming rig again and it works flawlessly... ♥ the game!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CFWhitman View Post

Hello.. noob here.... I have the same problem .. how am I supposed to edit the dll file... baby steps plzz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

To edit a file as root try using this:
    Open the program called terminal.
    type:
    sudo gedit
    then click file and open and locate the file, where ever it is...
    Make the editings that were listed above.
    Save the changes and close the program.
    Like my avatar? Help us make more and your own! http://launchpad.net/memaker
    Book of Mormon-MP3 or BOOK
    "Microsoft is open-source friendly in the same way that a butcher is friendly to a cow." -- This Guy