Thread: Survivor & Shadowgrounds 12.04libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest

Beans

Survivor & Shadowgrounds 12.04libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest

After finally getting trine working on Sandybridge. I thought I would try Survior and Shadowgrounds again. After unziping the .run file and copying liglade2 into the lib32 directory. I think I am almost working. Unfortunately I now get

Code:
    ./survivor-launcher 
    ./survivor-launcher: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest
    Any help is appreciated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Survivor & Shadowgrounds 12.04libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest

Try instead remove the lib your moved, then install ia32-libs

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Beans

Re: Survivor & Shadowgrounds 12.04libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest

without libglade-2.0.so.0 added to lib32 directory it fails like this

Code:
    ./survivor-launcher 
    ./survivor-launcher: error while loading shared libraries: libglade-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I guess you downloaded the 32-bit package and extracted libglade from here; http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/i...de2-0/download

Another way, if you bought shadow grounds via humble Bundle you can revoke the game in Desura - then install it that way as it will take care of the libs for for you.

Beans

Yes I copied the file from there...but I am still left with the error afterwards "undefined symbol: _XGetRequest"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tuppe666 View Post
    Yes I copied the file from there...but I am still left with the error afterwards "undefined symbol: _XGetRequest"
    Hi,

Is there any solution about this?
    Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I've found a solution. Download this package:
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/i...2.0-0/download
    Unpack the the files libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 and libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.6 from the archive data.tar.gz inside the package and move these two files as root to
    /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/
    Overwrite or (safer) rename the original file.
    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go"