Thread: Gksudo Nautilus issues Precise

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Gksudo Nautilus issues Precise

Hello,

I'm having some issues with nautilus and googled it and saw your post here
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1764243
    and was going to try it but there is no .nautilus folder in my home folder (I unhid the folders with ctrl+h). I can run nautilus fine from the command line, but when I run gksudo nautilus in order to edit some root things it will work the first time but will freeze up after a while, and after i close the window (no other choice) running again gives no response.

I would appreciate your help in this matter. I am running Precise on a hp dv9000

Beans
    Distro

Re: Gksudo Nautilus issues Precise

Hmm... It seems the problem has been fixed; I had earlier modified the /etc/sudoers file to allow a shell script I'm working on to sudo without me entering my password. I deleted the lines I had added and now gksudo nautilus gives no problems...yet. I'm not going to mark this as solved yet, as sometimes a root nautilus ran for a while before freezing on me. If all goes well I shall mark this as solved tomorrow.

Frag, It froze again...URG!
    Last edited by ntzrmtthihu777; June 5th, 2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: More info/self explanatory

Beans
    Distro

Running

sudo killall nautilus

will allow me to open another root nautilus, but I expect the problem to re-occur.
    Last edited by ntzrmtthihu777; June 5th, 2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Beans

Keeps doing the same thing for me.

I am finding glitsches and lock-ups of this kind in lots of places in Precise.

I am beginning to think it may be because I have "opted out" of Unity and have Gnome Session running....

Many things don't seem to work smoothly for any length of time and silly but annoying things like setup data mostly being ignored on next startup are getting me a tad frazzled.