Thread: Account removal

Beans

Account removal

Quote Originally Posted by Iowan View Post
    Offer still stands.
    Iowan, would you be willing and able to delete my account. I searched for a way to do so, didn't find, and figured since you are admin, I would ask you.

Thanks
    Darryl

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Account removal

@OP, we do not delete accounts, but I can disable yours and remove all personal information. However, before I or another admin does this for you, I notice that your username is an email address. Once we have disabled your account, your first post in this thread and another post you made a few years ago will still be viewable, and viewable by spambots collecting email addresses for email spamming. Would you like your username changed to a random alphanumeric string as well as the account disabled?

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    @OP, we do not delete accounts, but I can disable yours and remove all personal information. However, before I or another admin does this for you, I notice that your username is an email address. Once we have disabled your account, your first post in this thread and another post you made a few years ago will still be viewable, and viewable by spambots collecting email addresses for email spamming. Would you like your username changed to a random alphanumeric string as well as the account disabled?
    Thanks coffeecat, please make the changes you suggest and disable the account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

All done. Account renamed to random string, account disabled and personal information removed.

Good luck!

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.