• Nintendo DS

3 21.43%
  • Nintendo 3DS

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Handheld?

Beans

Which Handheld?

So yes, basically I am a poor guy and can't afford the likes of a good Android device or an IPhone.

I am planning to buy one of the 3 devices mentioned in the list.

Currently I own a Vita and a 200X PSP.

What do you suggest I buy and why?

Beans

Re: Which Handheld?

Go for go

Beans

I wonder why noone is voting... Is there something wrong with the forums or do people have no idea about handheld gaming?

Beans

Meh, portable consoles are gonna die...smartphones and Eeepads are the future, expecially because they can run Open Source Software and Emulators...

Gaming Consoles are too limited e closed...

Beans

3DS if you can afford it. The other two are on their way out, and the 3DS can play all DS games, has some good games already, and will surely be getting many more good ones.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob60 View Post
    3DS if you can afford it. The other two are on their way out, and the 3DS can play all DS games, has some good games already, and will surely be getting many more good ones.

This.. Nintendo also develops really good games.. And you said you already own a PSP, so buying the GO is not really worth it unless you're a hardcore Sony fan..
    -.- -.. .- -. . ....-

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Majorix View Post
    I wonder why noone is voting... Is there something wrong with the forums or do people have no idea about handheld gaming?
    It's only been a day and isn't really a topic everyone here is likely to have an opinion about since it isn't linux/ubuntu related. For example I didn't vote because I've never used any of those devices and couldn't tell you which one was better then the other or compare them in any way.
    Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.
    Free Moonbase Commander remake @ http://code.google.com/p/tether

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Thumbs up Re: Which Handheld?

The handheld I intend to buy (when available for me) is the Vivaldi (formerly the Spark), which is open source hardware, is unlocked, is an actual GNU/Linux computer running a specialized version of KDE which gets smarter the more you use it, and whose sales support KDE development.

What's not to love? Or anticipate?

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

It's a trick question, none of the above!
    Get a Gameboy Color and save a few hundred dollars, buy a couple Pokemon and Final Fantasy Games, be entertained for hundreds if no thousands of hours!

Beans

An Apple iPod touch is a much smarter purchase than a DS. The games are massively cheaper (very many free), you get apps, better + bigger screen, cloud apps (google/yahoo/icloud/etc email, contacts, calendars, etc), superb online web store and updates, and many more advantages.

All for about the same price. Nintendo have been slaughtered by Apple who almost fell accidently into that market and took it over. It's a classic example of disruptive technology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast