Thread: Made an Android music app for your car

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Made an Android music app for your car

If you find yourself using your phone as a music player in your car, this one's for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.speedofsound

It's called Speed of Sound, and adjusts the volume of your music player to match your speed on the road. Some cars do this, this is for those of us without that. There are other apps that already do this, but I think we're the first to get it *right*. The app tries really hard to smoothly adjust the volume so that you won't notice any jumps while driving.

It's also got a fancy map that you can use after driving to see where along your route you listened to a certain song.

This was made by myself and a friend for a Computer Science project at OSU, but we decided to take it a step further and publish it online. It's completely free (no ads) and is open-source.

Give it a try if you like; check out the description in the store Feedback is greatly appreciated. We think we've made a rather nice app, but we'll never know unless it gets used and we hear some comments!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Made an Android music app for your car

This looks awesome. I don't use Android myself but I'll pass it around! Any plans for iOS?
    My Rig:
    * GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H | AMD Phenom X4 - 9950 (2.6 GHz) | eVGA 9800 GT (512MB) | 8GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) RAM | 2.25 TB HDD space

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Made an Android music app for your car

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotypical Rage View Post
    Any plans for iOS?
    Not at this time. Another friend had an iOS prototype up, but some platform limitations prevent you from changing the overall music volume from within an app.

Personally, I don't own any iOS devices or a Mac, so I'd have trouble working on a port.