Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    44

    Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo99 View Post
    Several messages fly by, the screen flickers a few times, then I'm presented with this the message mountall: disconnected from plymouth.

    I've followed various threads that have similar errors. I've attempted the solutions in those threads, to no avail.

    After the above message is displayed I can't type at the keyboard to log in. I've managed that machine in the past from SSH so I tried to SSH into it. That allows me access to the box and it's how I tried those other thread's attempted solutions.

    Originally Posted by dino99
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install -f

    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure jockey
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure plymouth
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm

    Originally Posted by dino99
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install -f

    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure jockey
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure plymouth
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm

    Originally Posted by dino99
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install -f

    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure jockey
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure plymouth
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm



    Those were tried with no solution to the problem.

    I reinstalled the video drivers which had caused similar errors on several of my other Ubuntu boxes in the past.

    Of all the releases of Ubuntu, so far, this one has been the worst when it comes to upgrades.

    Suggestions?
    Hello everyone. I am nwew to the forum and I cannot log into my system after upgrading to Ubuntu 10.04. I get Errormsg which says Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth. I tried all the above options to no avail. All I get is The Ubuntu 10.04 Purple screen and it says hit S to Skip, M for Manual repair or w for wait. "None of those options work when I hit any of those buttons absolutely NOTHING Happens. I get no log in screen what so ever. I am not super savvy but I was going to try geeksquad for help because I really need my files but I saw so many horror stories on the forum regarding using them. I really need serious help restoring my computer. Please someone help me. I wanted to speak with someone but cannot find assistance by phone. I have been wihtout my comuter for a week aleeady and it is killing me.
    Last edited by wilmac73; June 3rd, 2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typos

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Magic City of the Plains
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Post moved to its own thread.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    44

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    Post moved to its own thread.
    Thank you, Oldos2er. I didn't know I needed to start a new thread.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Magic City of the Plains
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmac73 View Post
    Thank you, Oldos2er. I didn't know I needed to start a new thread.
    From the Posting Guidelines (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy):

    "If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful."

    Hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    44

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    From the Posting Guidelines (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy):

    "If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful."

    Hope that helps.

    I was perusing the forums rules and had a question. How long does it normally take before someone will help you with a technical issue. Also if your thread is not answered in a reasonable time frame can you bump it so it isn't lost in cyserspace with no response?

    The reason I ask is because I ahven't received a response in almost 2 days already.

    Thanks again for your help.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    If you hold shift key from BIOS until menu appears, do you get grub menu?

    If seems like grub is loading but you have to add some parameter to get it to boot to terminal or gui.

    How to set NOMODESET and other kernel boot options in grub2
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

    Natty or later Video issues. MAFoElffen
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.







  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    44

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    If you hold shift key from BIOS until menu appears, do you get grub menu?

    If seems like grub is loading but you have to add some parameter to get it to boot to terminal or gui.

    How to set NOMODESET and other kernel boot options in grub2
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

    Natty or later Video issues. MAFoElffen
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535

    Thank you Oldfred. How do you access the Bios? I think I have accessed Grub before but I don't know what to do once Iam in there. I have Grub up now. It says Minimal BASH -like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completion. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions. ESC at any time exits.
    Last edited by wilmac73; June 5th, 2012 at 03:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    If you have grub> , it has boot issues.

    Download this into the Ubuntu liveCD or download the full liveCD it has. Run the BootInfo and post link.

    Boot Repair -Also handles LVM, GPT and separate /boot.:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
    You can repair many boot issues with this or 'Create BootInfo' report (Other Options) & post the link it creates, so we can see your exact configuration.
    For info on UEFI boot install & repair:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to close thread when/if answered completely.







  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    44

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    If you have grub> , it has boot issues.

    Download this into the Ubuntu liveCD or download the full liveCD it has. Run the BootInfo and post link.

    Boot Repair -Also handles LVM, GPT and separate /boot.:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
    You can repair many boot issues with this or 'Create BootInfo' report (Other Options) & post the link it creates, so we can see your exact configuration.
    I burned the boot repair to a disc. How do I run the program from the disc? It doesn't give me that option when I restart the computer.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    44

    Re: Mountall: Disconnected from plymouth 10.04

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    If you hold shift key from BIOS until menu appears, do you get grub menu?

    If seems like grub is loading but you have to add some parameter to get it to boot to terminal or gui.

    How to set NOMODESET and other kernel boot options in grub2
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

    Natty or later Video issues. MAFoElffen
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535
    I have to hit C to enter commands in grub. I don't know what you mean when you say hit shift from the bios. I started having this problem when I upgraded to ubuntu 10.04 I could no longer get to a log in screen.

    When I do get the Purple Ubuntu 10.04 screen it says "The disk drive for / is not yet ready or present." Continue to wait; or press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery. None of those options work what so ever. The screen just sits idle.
    Last edited by wilmac73; June 5th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •