Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brasero does not work in 12.04 64bit ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Brasero does not work in 12.04 64bit ...

Out of curiosity, with this chorus of complaints on the issue, has anyone filed a bug report for Brasero?
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans

I just wanted to add my two cents worth. Yes newb85 lot of bug reports have been filed for Brasero. However having spend several hours researching this issue I have gotten Brasero to work. Can someone verify this solution?

Two systems running Xubuntu 13.04 and Mint 13 (Mate); both using Brasero 3.6.1.
    Problem, Brasero burns images and data cDs but failes to make a copy; error out.

I found that if I install the following, Brasero would make a copy of an audio cd.
    > cdrdao
    > cue2toc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

It would seem that Brasero has been causing problems for the past 3 years, since 10.04 was launched. Whether this issue is related to a seemingly general one of rushed releases with packages that are included by default that just don't work I don't know. I haven't until today tried copying CDs but I'm having problems in that Brasero gets to the point where there is a window with a progress bar and the words. 'preparing to copy...' but no action at all, it just remains stuck on this. This is extremely frustrating when it's a package included by default, it should just work, or it shouldn't be included as a default application.

I have now downloeded and installed cue2toc, as suggestrd by jwillar, so I shall now go and try again.

Strangely, I can copy DVDs with no problems whatsoever.
    Nid yw Anarchiaeth am anrhefn a chwal, ond am Ryddid, Cyfrifoldeb a Threfn
    Anarchy isn't about chaos and disorder, it's about Freedom, Responsibility and Order.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

K3b is an excellent choice, but if you want something light then take a look at xfburn.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

This seems to be an ongoing problem with Brasero with several years' worth of bug reports for various versions. I see lots of suggestions here for K3b, but I find Xburn has consistently met my needs.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you want to you are invented to raise a bug. Please see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs for more information.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've had a lot of trouble using Brasero, and quite using it. Maybe cdrtools is the answer. Here is a link that may help explain why.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12