Thread: Change Filemanager

Beans

Change Filemanager

I would like to change my filemanager from pcmanfm to nautilus. I've installed nautilus.

First I tried to right click filemanager under accessries ->filemanager however when I change the command and click ok it resets it back to pcmanfm. I tried logging off and back on. I tried searching for nautilus graphically.

I searched google and tried several things. One suggestion was to change the pcmanfm file but I couldn't find it with either find or locate.

I tried searching the forms

The only thing I haven't tried is writing a script. Any ideas? This is while I left lubuntu for a while. We use linux so we can use it however we want.

Beans

Re: Change Filemanager

To what extent do you want Nautilus to be the default?

I've been having an issue or two along the same lines, and as far as I can tell, the lubuntu-desktop, lubuntu-core, etc. packages depend on PCManFM to be installed. Whether they actually need it, or merely have it as an unnecessary requirement, I don't know. If you're not adverse to editing source and recompiling, this might be worth a look, but is probably more bother than it's worth.

Edit: Tested the solution idea I had here; didn't work.

Edit2: If you want to disable pcmanfm's controlling your desktop, removing the [Desktop] lines from ~/.config/pcmanfm/Lubuntu/desktop.conf seems to do the trick. That location is off the top of my head, so it might be slightly different, but it should be easy to find.
    Last edited by LiamOS; June 3rd, 2012 at 02:06 AM.