Thread: WebCEO Equivalent

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

WebCEO Equivalent

hey chaps,

I'm looking for a linux version of something like WebCEO, any ideas? A cross platform equivalent would be ideal.
    Gushy.

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: WebCEO Equivalent

Not sure what you want, but I think the closest thing in the repos would be AWStats.

Beans
    Distro

I have log stats running, webceo is more of a site / search engine monitoring system, - submissions, monitoring page ranks, keywords etc.
    Gushy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by gushy View Post
    hey chaps,

I'm looking for a linux version of something like WebCEO, any ideas? A cross platform equivalent would be ideal.
    Hi Gushy,

It seems like its dead end for SEM's if they are to try to look for a tool similar to WebCEO in the linux platform. I myself have tried looking for such a program but alas, i have miserably failed.

I also tried installing WebCEO on wine and Crossover linux. but still no go... since My work entails Search Engine Marketing, WebCEO is a great tool for me. because of this I'm seriously going back to Windows XP or alteast use virtualization.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro

Yeah I've still not managed to find a linux equivalent. For now, I too have to rely on windows to run WebCEO, or at least delegate the task to someone running windows .
    Gushy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah, the new free version installs with wine, but it constantly gets an error on install and after starting: "Invalid floating point operation"

Locks up on login and so it doesn't work.

Anyway, I can suggest you use Google's Webmaster Tools http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ together with some free useful websites such as http://www.pagerank.net/ and http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ and some more you can google around.

The only problem I see is that you gotta go to multiple sites to do what you usually do with WebCEO, but still I think it works much better than WebCEO.

Just my thought.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

I am using it via vmware.I did not find anything equal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There is a linux version of advanced web ranking, which I have used on Windows before and it seems to do similar things to webCEO, it does cost though, $99 for the bog standard edition.