Thread: No sound with K9 Copy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

No sound with K9 Copy

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I've searched the forum but haven't been able to find an answer to my difficulty.

Firstly I'm not really an experienced Ubuntu user and fall flat on my face when people start talking about 'building' etc (I'm guessing build means the same as install for windows but the process just looks like a nightmare to me). So kiddie language for me please!

I've used K9 with no problems to back up DVD's to iso and to folders and all works perfectly. But recently I created a VIDEO_TS folder from an avi file (using ConvertX to DVD) and it was too big to put on a 4.7gb DVD so I thought I'd use K9 to reduce it. It did it fine to an iso and to folders but both times there was no sound. Sound was ok in the original VOB files so I'm going bananas trying to work out why the sound is getting stripped out when K9 gets hold of it.

I found some advice to change the player option in preview from 'internal player' to 'mplayer' but that didn't help. Any other ideas? Many thanks.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04LTS just in case you need to know. Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: No sound with K9 Copy

I had it happen in openSUSE but just used something else:
    handbrake and or OGMRip
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: No sound with K9 Copy

Yeah, I've done similar now and used DVD Shrink via Wine. Really like K9 for everything else though so maybe I'll be able work it out one day. Cheers