Thread: installing windows after ubuntu

Beans

installing windows after ubuntu

So from what i've read on other post I've broken a principle rule, and installed ubuntu first before i need to install windows.

So i guess first question would be how could i potentially install windows now that i have ubuntu. If i had my external hard drive with me i would probably just back my files install windows then re-install Ubuntu but unfortunately i'm in korea now and am able to do this. So I've read that you can format a ntfs partition install windows then install grub? Is this correct?

What i really need more than anything is video skype to call my parents. Surprisingly most of my engineering software (matlab, abaqus) runs naively on Linux so i'm good there and i can make due with libre office for the time being. I've attempted to set up a virtual machine with windows in it but i don't know how to connect my webcam to it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: installing windows after ubuntu

Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

if oyu used vbox for windows you would need porbably an extension to it.

anyway why not simply use skype for linux? i know it doesn't look as good as windows version but camera works ok.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

quick note is, if you install ubuntu first, you need to use the live cd again later on to restore grub.