Thread: Libreoffice menu problems

Hybrid View

Beans

Cool Libreoffice menu problems

When I use the Libreoffice suite most of the menu text just shows up as under scores. I have attached a screen shot to the post I am using Ubuntu precise pangolin and I am using the gnome desktop environment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Libreoffice menu problems

Can anybody help me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Change the default font to something else and see if they then appear. ask.libreoffice.org has a forum for issues.
    HP g72t icore3 with intel graphics and broadcom 4313 wireless running 13.04unity, Ubuntu GNOME updated to 13.10 and a 13.10 unity. Plus using older desktop machine running 12.04 Lubuntu with nvidia geforce mx400.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lonniehenry View Post
    Change the default font to something else and see if they then appear. ask.libreoffice.org has a forum for issues.
    Here's the link: http://ask.libreoffice.org/questions/
    You may not need to get a new username/password. Do check it out but try to provide more information: version number of LibO, the exact DE, whether you have installed the lo-menubar or other extensions, etc.

Beans

I have changed with Ubuntu Tweak the default font to norasi at size 11. most menu items show up but obviously everything looks pretty ugly. by the way I am using ubuntu precise and LibreOffice 3.5.3.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build:2). Also I am using a toshiba nb-500 with a screen res of 1024x600.

Beans

I think that this may be a video card problem. I have the same problem when using the NVIDIA driver but not when using the Nouveau driver.