Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Bundle V is now out

Beans

Re: Humble Bundle V is now out

Double post, but important info.

If you're playing Psychonauts for the first time: When you get near the end, you'll meet a pet turtle called Mr. Pokeylope (you will be reminded of his name multiple times). When you do, SAVE THE GAME and make sure that is never overwritten.

The reason once the game's story progresses beyond a certain point (soon after meeting Mr. Pokeylope), many of the games areas and collectibles become inaccessible.

As long as you have a save before this point of no return, you should be fine.
    Last edited by Sofox; May 31st, 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Beans

The people on 10.04 are out of luck if they think they can click that nice "download for ubuntu" button and expect to see some action. Apparently these games "are not available for your version of ubuntu" and you only find out when you've visited the apps.ubuntu.com link after being baffled for ten minutes with a "could not find package x" dialogue. It would be nice to have been told, Ubuntu/HumbleBundle! That leaves Bastion and Psychonauts, it would seem. The latter looks good and at 4gb it better be, but not tonite. And it might not work either. Is anyboody else out there running 10.04?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daithib8 View Post
    The people on 10.04 are out of luck if they think they can click that nice "download for ubuntu" button and expect to see some action. Apparently these games "are not available for your version of ubuntu" and you only find out when you've visited the apps.ubuntu.com link after being baffled for ten minutes with a "could not find package x" dialogue. It would be nice to have been told, Ubuntu/HumbleBundle! That leaves Bastion and Psychonauts, it would seem. The latter looks good and at 4gb it better be, but not tonite. And it might not work either. Is anyboody else out there running 10.04?
    Can you just download the .deb or the .tar.gz file from the Humble Bundle page?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Um, is it just me, or is Limbo running in Wine?

I think HIB may be using a non-standard definition of "platform independent".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Can you just download the .deb or the .tar.gz file from the Humble Bundle page?
    I want to find out if they work first. Probably Psychonauts pr obablydoes but it's too big to chance.
    Last edited by daithib8; May 31st, 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I tried redeeming the games in USC but I only managed to redeem Amnesia. Did anyone got that problem? I got stuck in the "package not found" message and I waited and waited but it didn't move forward.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Support is saying that the Ubuntu guys are experiencing some problems. Probably because the games are new additions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Carborundum View Post
    Um, is it just me, or is Limbo running in Wine?

I think HIB may be using a non-standard definition of "platform independent".
    Think Picasa. It's ugly, but if it's a fully supported wine implementation (that is, the company makes an effort to make it work on wine), then there is nothing wrong with that.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

My biggest concern would be that wine has a bad habit of breaking things every so often.

Beans

Is anyone having issues with Psychonauts? It comes in a .zip file and when I try to extract it, I get an error. Looking through the files that did extract, it gives me a .exe file. Any solutions for the extraction problem? I guess I'll just have to use Wine for the .exe, though.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast