Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Bundle V is now out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Humble Bundle V is now out

Quote Originally Posted by mkosler View Post
    Is anyone getting 360 controller support for Bastion under 12.04? It never seems to detect my gamepad, even though running jstest --normal /dev/input/js0 shows that my controller is connected properly and working correctly.
    Nope, I'm in the same situation. Bastion was the first game I tried, not installed the others yet (followed the development on Giant Bomb and it looked brilliant so super pumped to have it on Linux). I just installed joystick then and it looks to be receiving input ok, but it says that no gamepad is detected under the controls menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by stigb View Post
    Nevermind. I installed the package driconf and was able to enable the option in that utility. The screen is blank no more!
    I followed the suggestion above, installed driconf and enabled S3TC texture compression as well (it's on the "Image Quality" tab). That solved my problem with Bastion.

I only got a few minutes into the game this evening, but it seems to run fine on a notebook with Intel HD 3000 graphics at 1600x900 resolution. Quite pleased.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SingingBush View Post
    Code:
    $ /opt/limbo/launch-limbo.sh 
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x45ec34 (thread 0021), starting debugger...
    Can't attach process 0020: error 5
    I get the same error when trying to start Limbo. It seems to be due to running the game in 64-bit Ubuntu.

I have made a bug report here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1008066

If it affects you, please click on the "This bug affects X people. Does this bug affect you?" link. (Might require a Launchpad account).

Edit: The game works fine for me, when disabling NVidia TwinView.
    Last edited by TOV; June 3rd, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SingingBush View Post
    None of them work for me. I downloaded them via the Software Center. The only one I really want is Bastion. I did notice that the Software Center seemed to think that I don't have OpenGL even though I have an Nvidia with driver v302.07 installed.

I get the following errors:

Code:
    $ /opt/bastion/Bastion/bastion64.sh 
    X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
      Major opcode of failed request:  137 (NV-GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
      Resource id in failed request:  0x3e00002
      Serial number of failed request:  68
      Current serial number in output stream:  68
    Code:
    $ /opt/swordandsworcery/run.sh 
      Resource id in failed request:  0x400000f
      Serial number of failed request:  35
      Current serial number in output stream:  35
    Code:
    $ /opt/limbo/launch-limbo.sh 
    p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x45ec34 (thread 0021), starting debugger...
    Can't attach process 0020: error 5
    Amnesia outputs:
    Code:
      Resource id in failed request:  0x4000003
      Serial number of failed request:  33
      Current serial number in output stream:  33
    You are correct that all of these issues are OpenGL issues. Am I correct that that you installed the 302.07 driver manually? You may want to purge it and try giving nvidia-current another go, since it's been updated to 295.49 in the past week or so. You may have to have the precise-updates repository enabled to get 295.49.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gigabz666 View Post
    Nope, I'm in the same situation. Bastion was the first game I tried, not installed the others yet (followed the development on Giant Bomb and it looked brilliant so super pumped to have it on Linux). I just installed joystick then and it looks to be receiving input ok, but it says that no gamepad is detected under the controls menu.
    FWIW, A new version of Bastion was posted to the HumbleBundle site on June 2, 2012. Has anyone experiencing problems with Bastion tried out the new version to see if those problems are resolved?

Beans

@thatguruguy and @SingingBush

It turned out that Limbo DOES indeed work fine for me in 64-bit when disabling NVidia TwinView! You may try to see if that is what is affecting the other games as well (Please post the results).

Beans

I have some issues with Amnesia.
    After the intros and some advice about how to play the game for a really cool game experience I got the loading screen for 4 or 5 seconds and nothing else happens. The game just drops me to the workspace, without an error or crash message.
    I installed the game with the software-center to my home folder, and I have Ubuntu 12.04.
    Do you have any idea why?
    (sorry for my weak english)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

@zsoltiuszprime: I had the same problem as you, but I think it's because of my video card (Intel GM965). The FAQ says integrated and low budget cards may not work. What's yours?

Beans

I have an ASUS K50IJ laptop, and its standard video card, an Intel UMA 4500. If the video card is the problem, what can I do? Is there a way to integrate one or to do something about this issue without buying a new video card?

Beans

"Is there a way to integrate one" makes no sense, forget this part of my question

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast