Thread: Spits out install CD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Spits out install CD

Hello,
    I have a Powerbook G4 with nothing on the hard drive. I wanted to put Linux on it so downloaded from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCDownloads
    I put the disk in, start up and then hit C at the boot sound. I have also tried del-shift-command-option. Either way I try the computer just spits out the dvd.
    As said above the mac does not have a current operating system for me to boot into and try the CD that way. I have burned the CD at low levels and have tried different CDs.
    We tried a MAC install CD and that did work, but since the it was not a G4 install CD the install would not finish.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I can use the MAC install CD to at least get to a terminal if that is necessary but do not know how much I would be able to do in there.

Beans

Re: Spits out install CD

Did you only try 12.04? Maybe try an older distro. It should not be much more work to get it updated, after you have the core installed.

Beans
    Distro

Hi,

We also tried 10.10 as well as the instructions here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1986485

but it keep spitting out the Linux discs.

Beans
    Distro

If I boot holding down the option button it will find the MAC disc but it never finds an Ubuntu disc if that helps.

Beans
    Distro

So all of this headache and it turns out that the powerbook G4 cannot read a DVD -R, it booted just fine off a CD. *sigh*

Thanks yall