Thread: XFCE Cursor Issues

Beans

XFCE Cursor Issues

So this is probably dumb because it's just relating to cursor themes, but it's really stumping me. A little background first though I guess. I have a Toshiba netbook that I setup with some RAM and a nice 128GB SSD. It was running snappy with just Lubuntu, but I wanted it to run a little more smoothly so I installed xfce from command. Logging into the xfce session, it runs like a champ and I really couldn't be happier. I'm not trying to have a lot of eye candy like my kde desktop, but I've grown partial to the 'comix' theme of mouse cursors. Upon a quick look, from within the xfce session there is no easy 'install new' option from the cursor theme section so I logged back into Lubuntu and installed everything with no problem. Logging back into my xfce session though, the 'comix' cursors pop up legitimately random with no rhyme or reason to application; some have the silly comic style icons, some the standard white, some a combination. I've done a lot of Googling and haven't been able to figure this out. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans

Re: XFCE Cursor Issues

You rock dude

Beans

Well, you still rock but galternatives hasn't seemed to help. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems pretty straight forward.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ddelgavio View Post
    Well, you still rock but galternatives hasn't seemed to help. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems pretty straight forward.
    Sorry! Nothing more than that I had the two types of cursor but that procedure fixed it for me.

Only one possibility is that something is off with your present cursor theme? Try another one and see?

Beans

Well both the stock black and white cursor themes work just fine. I can find them through usr/share/icons... I've been reading things about modifying the default .theme file and updating with the image files to use, but that is so much work. Not so much as in 'I can't', but just a 'I don't wanna' haha.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

This is what fixed my cursor issues with Xubuntu:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...7&postcount=18

Might see if it works for you too. I am partial to the ComixCursor theme as well.
    Totally Trusting that Tahr!
    Xubuntu.org
    Vegetable Sandwich Productions