Thread: Ubuntu Video Promotion.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu Video Promotion.

Hi Ubuntu Forumers!

In the past, I have noticed that a lot people actually do not have knowledge of Ubuntu’s existence. As I don’t do anything at work these days (work slows down in May, and picks back up in September), I am currently starting a project to create a promotional video for Ubuntu. Videos are easy to spread, and can tell potential users a lot of things.

The thing is, while I have the experience and tools to produce it, I still need help with things like translations (yes, I only know English b/c I failed my French midterms at skewl), content, editing, and graphics design (esp).

I already have a list of languages that are the most common – If I get enough support for others, I may add them. If you want to help in the translations, reply.

Current Language Translations:
    - English
    - French
    - Spanish
    - Chinese (Mandarin/ Cantonese)
    - German?
    - Italian
    - Hindi?
    - Portuguese?
    - Russian?

Those with question marks are proposed –if there is not enough support, the translations will not exist!

If your language is not on the list, don’t be offended – I picked a list that would have most of the main world languages. If you want, you can propose to add to that list as well. Just reply, and it will be added (with a question mark).If there is enough support, as said above, they will be supported.

If you’re interested, hang out on #ubuntuforums on Saturday/Sunday. I should be on, and will likely have finalized the outlines and/or drafts at that point.

This project is in no way affiliated and/or involved with Canonical – It is a community project.

I’m here on #ubuntuforums a lot during the days as well (Other than Tuesday and Thursday). Come and hang out with us.

Post your opinions and suggestions below – I might not have time to get to them straight away, but I will read them.

Updates are viewable on https://plus.google.com/b/107951615811366372115
    Last edited by sandyd; May 31st, 2012 at 04:23 AM.
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu Video Promotion.

Great idea sandyd!
    Jon Edney
    Follower of Christ, Husband, Dad, Aspiring Linux & Web Developer
    @TheJonEdney | jonedney.com | Ubuntu Wiki
    JonEdney on Freenode in #UbuntuForums

Beans

Publicity can only help. English is the only language I'm not terrible at, unfortunately.

Good luck though.
    sig

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I also think this is a good idea.

People cannot even make a choice if they don't know there are options and i'm all for giving people the choice.

Exposure can only help with that sandyd and, once informed, they can decide if Ubuntu is the operating system for them.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

bump
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Arrow Re: Ubuntu Video Promotion.

Good idea.
    Keep us in the loop.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I think this is a fantastic idea! Sadly, I don't know any languages other than English (US) and Python, so I can't be of any help with translations.
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!