Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel Graphics not detected when ATI Radeon plugged

Beans

Re: Intel Graphics not detected when ATI Radeon plugged

I'm glad you were subscribed -- and I can't believe the solution, after hours of me trying to fix X.conf, is just to let it configure itself! Geez do I wish these things were documented ...

... of course, it's not working right for me. One guess: the auto-generated X.conf wanted to use the open "radeon" driver for my Radeon, instead of the Catalyst "fglrx" driver. Unfortunately, my Radeon (7850) is too new to be supported by the open driver, so I needed to change it back ... and this got X to crash again. Sigh ...
    Last edited by axFelix; September 24th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Beans

I think it'll be difficult to fix if your card is not supported. I discovered that, as, appart from the radeon, I also had the Intel chip, when I installed the specific driver, this last one stopped working and I could only see the radeon screen. So, if you have two different cards and you cannot use both with the open driver...I really have no idea of what you can do... ¿you have excatly the same configuration as me? I mean ATI + Intel...?

Beans

I've got a Radeon 7850 and Intel HD 3000 (i5-2500k), having exactly the same symptoms you described (iGPU display only displaying the boot logo and then being invisible to X).

it shouldn't be more than a few months before the open Radeon driver supports my card, but I'm not sure why I bought such a fancy new card if not to use the better 3D acceleration in fglrx... what I really need to do is convince myself to stop wrestling with it -- I'm just surprised that this configuration (two mid-end mainstream products both released within 6 and 18 months ago) is unsupported.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12