Thread: Deluge Torrent Resume After OS upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Deluge Torrent Resume After OS upgrade

I just upgraded to Mint 13, Maya, with cinnamon. Before doing so I had a few torrents in Deluge that were nearing completion. Now that I have all files transferred to a new home directory, I'd like to resume those downloads where they left off. I pulled in the config folder from the old home directory, but all the torrents started over from the beginning. How can I get them to resume using the previously downloaded files?
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; May 26th, 2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: added prefix
    This APT has Super Cow Powers.
    If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer.

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Deluge Torrent Resume After OS upgrade

If you overwrite your new partial files with your old partials (you did backup your old files, right?), then that should allow any client to resume your download as that is built in to the protocol for bittorrent.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, I moved the contents of my old home directory over to the new home directory. But the transferrs stared over again anyway. The old files that were downloaded are still there, but the file sizes are a bit odd. For example, one file shows up as a 648mb total download in Deluge, but the same file in ~/Downloads shows a file size that is larger than that. It's confusing, because previously completed downloads are showing several MB larger sizes in Nautilus than they should.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Going by file size isn't really a good idea with torrents. You should trust what your client is telling you, not your file manager.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rai4shu2 View Post
    Going by file size isn't really a good idea with torrents. You should trust what your client is telling you, not your file manager.
    Either way, it's not really the issue. After saving the partially downloaded files and copying the deluge config folder over, the torrents are in Deluge but they are all restarting the downloads. They are not picking up where they left off. That's the problem. One of my torrents is a large collection of maps for gps that doesn't have many seeders. It took a couple of weeks to get it up to 90-something percent & I'd rather it pick up at 90-something percent instead of starting all over again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

If it's restarting at 0%, you need to *completely* quit out of Deluge, then delete the new partials, replacing them with your old partials. If it then persists in restarting at 0%, then it's a bug in Deluge.

Beans
    Distro

Figured it out. After copying the Deluge config folder over to my new home directory Deluge was downloading to my old home directory. Since I had already moved the contents of old-home Downloads, the torrents started all over. Not a bug, just an oversight on my part.
    Last edited by sites; May 31st, 2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: solved the riddle