Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cannot get Apache to invoke PHP

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Cannot get Apache to invoke PHP

/home/jcobban/public_html/php.ini
    What is this file? The standard location for php.ini is /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini. This file will be ignored in a standard installation.

Also home directories have 700 permissions by default so the www-data user that Apache runs as can't see anything in a home directory unless you've changed the permissions accordingly. At a minimum the directory /home/jcobban needs to have 711 permissions.

Just because your hosting company uses the public_html directory for customers' sites doesn't mean the same configuration will work for you. I'd start by fixing permissions in /home/jcobban and see if that helps.

If you place pure HTML files in the same directory as the PHP scripts, can you see those files? If not, the problem is permissions, not PHP.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Cannot get Apache to invoke PHP

Quote Originally Posted by jcobban View Post
    Yes, it works on every other machine I have it deployed on. I just don't understand what I am doing wrong so that it doesn't work on this system.
    I gave up trying to fix the problem, uninstalled everything and reinstalled from scratch using tasksel. Everything works fine now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234