Thread: updater

Beans

updater

IS there any automatic updater available for ubuntu or software updater to update software in UBUNTU12?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: updater

Yes, open Update Manager, click refresh and all the available updates will be shown to you.

Beans

Smile Re: updater

Quote Originally Posted by Nadarasan View Post
    IS there any automatic updater available for ubuntu or software updater to update software in UBUNTU12?
    I am unable to get what exactly are you saying here, but I think you are asking whether ubuntu updates the softwares installed itself.
    Ans- Yes, Ubuntu updates the list of available softwares itself after a certain duration of time (can be set by the admininstrator).
    You can use the update-manager to explicitly update the lists or from command line type:
    sudo apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade;
    The above command will first check for any updates and if found, second part of the command will install them for you.
    You can change the automatic update checking duration and stuff by ubuntu update-manager too. To do this:
    1) Start the update-manager
    2) Click on the Setttings at the bottom left of the window
    3) Select update tab in the new window
    4) Make changes to the configurations from there.
    I use rss feeds to view recent posts. So generally don't go back to the thread I posted on earlier. If u wish to criticize me or want me to try a bit more to help u by postin on ur thread(r post), pls message me directly with link of the post. Thanks