I have
    Computer:

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate genuine
    OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
    Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
    DirectX DirectX 11.0

Motherboard:

CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E2180, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)
    Motherboard Name
    Intel Newberry Lake D945GCNL (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM,Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945GC
    System Memory 1013 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1: 1024636750L
    1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

Display:
    Video Adapter Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) (256MB)
    3D Accelerator Intel GMA 950
    Monitor SyncMaster B1930N

Audio Adapter
    Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller[A-1]

Storage:

Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD161GJ ATA Device (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
    Optical Drive MOSER BAER DH-22AAS ATA Device

Partitions:
    C: (NTFS) 61899 MB
    D: (NTFS) 81999 MB
    E: (NTFS) 8625 MB
    Total Size 140.5 GB

my problem is when i want to open my movie folder and try to open windows explorer has stopped working message displayed and automatically restart my computer. please help me how to solve this problem.
    thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (65.8 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (57.9 KB, 16 views)
    Last edited by ramakanta; May 9th, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: missed some data

Beans

Re: windows explorer has stopped working

Hi, I had the same problem in the past. It turned out that there was a single video file in the folder that is causing the windows explorer to crash everytime it sees this file.
    The solution I did was to create a new temporary folder on another directory and copy my video files (exclude subfolders) one by one to the new directory using the command prompt without having to open the folder with explorer. Every time you copy a file open the new folder then close it. If explorer crashes, then the newest file arriving is the one causing the problem and you can delete it from the original folder using the command prompt "del" command.
    That should fix it, and you can remove the temporary directory afterwards.
    Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by andaryfaysal View Post
    Hi, I had the same problem in the past. It turned out that there was a single video file in the folder that is causing the windows explorer to crash everytime it sees this file.
    The solution I did was to create a new temporary folder on another directory and copy my video files (exclude subfolders) one by one to the new directory using the command prompt without having to open the folder with explorer. Every time you copy a file open the new folder then close it. If explorer crashes, then the newest file arriving is the one causing the problem and you can delete it from the original folder using the command prompt "del" command.
    Good luck!
    please any other solutions.!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

While I can't help with the issue at hand, I can tell you that all of your posts with screenshots have movie rips on them, which isn't a great idea around here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I wouldn't worry to much about explorer crashing it only has to work long enough to down load chrome or Firefox then you can hide the Icon for it and forget its there ..

do what most others here are doing and forget your windows partition is there

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andaryfaysal View Post
    Good luck!
    Hi friend my problem is solved when try this thing..

--Click Start and click Computer

--Click Organize and select Folder and search options from the dropdown

--On the Folder Options window, click the View tab

--Place a check in the option to Always show Icons, never thumbnail

--Remove the check for the option to Display file icon on thumbnails

--Click OK to close the Folder Options window

you can try these steps , might me solve your problem too.

thanks .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jadtech View Post
    I wouldn't worry to much about explorer crashing it only has to work long enough to down load chrome or Firefox then you can hide the Icon for it and forget its there ..

do what most others here are doing and forget your windows partition is there
    Just so it's made clear, Windows Explorer is the shell for Windows. Internet Explorer is the web browser.

I'm glad your issue is solved, ramakanta, but be careful. The problem-causing file may still be corrupt.. causing issues if you open it directly!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mode7 View Post
    Just so it's made clear, Windows Explorer is the shell for Windows. Internet Explorer is the web browser.

I'm glad your issue is solved, ramakanta, but be careful. The problem-causing file may still be corrupt.. causing issues if you open it directly!
    Thanks for suggesion ...

Beans

Hi Ramakanta

This is because of a corrupt/broken video.

Install Unlocker, run Unlocker, move the video to a different drive and try to open it with windows explorer. Check the processor while doing this. If the processor is running at 100% that definitely means the video is the cause.

Once again run Unlocker and delete the file. Unlocker by default deletes the file to recycle bin. Empty the recycle bin.

Common Sense tells it is not a good idea to crash a system for a video file. Unlocker (1.6 megs) is available at all download centres.