Thread: Error trying to compile RHVoice - sox_option_default is "undeclared"

Beans

Question Error trying to compile RHVoice - sox_option_default is "undeclared"

Hello comrades,

I'm trying to compile RHvoice, a voice synthesizer for Russian language, on Ubuntu 10.04.

In order to advance a little, I had to compile and install last versions of libunistring and flite, because the ones available in the repositories are were too outdated for compiling this program.

Now I don't know exactly what to do, because I'm getting this error:

Code:
    p@e:/usr/local/git/RHVoice$ scons
    scons: Reading SConscript files ...
    Mkdir("build/linux2")
    Checking whether the C compiler works(cached) yes
    Checking for C library m... (cached) yes
    Checking for C header file flite.h... (cached) no
    trying to search in /usr/local/include/flite
    Checking for C header file flite.h... (cached) yes
    Checking for flite_init() in C library flite... (cached) no
    Perhaps this version of flite depends on alsa
    Checking for C library asound... (cached) yes
    Checking for flite_init() in C library flite... (cached) yes
    Checking for cst_utf8_explode() in C library flite... (cached) yes
    Checking for C library flite_cmulex... (cached) yes
    Checking for u8_strconv_to_locale((const uint8_t*)"a") in C library unistring... (cached) yes
    Checking for XML_ParserCreate("UTF-8") in C library expat... (cached) yes
    Checking for pcre_compile("^$",0,NULL,NULL,NULL) in C library pcre... (cached) yes
    Checking for sox_init() in C library sox... (cached) yes
    scons: done reading SConscript files.
    scons: Building targets ...
    gcc -o build/linux2/lib/config.os -c -Wno-unused-function -O2 -fPIC -finput-charset=UTF-8 -DPACKAGE=\"RHVoice\" -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -Dpath_sep=\"\/\" -DSONIC_USE_SIN=1 -DAUDIO_PLAY_NONE=1 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/RHVoice\" -DCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/RHVoice\" -I/usr/local/include/flite -Ibuild/linux2/lib -Isrc/lib -Isrc/include -Ibuild/linux2/hts_engine_api/include -Isrc/hts_engine_api/include src/lib/config.c
    gcc -o build/linux2/lib/en_consonants_lts.os -c -Wno-unused-function -O2 -fPIC -finput-charset=UTF-8 -DPACKAGE=\"RHVoice\" -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -Dpath_sep=\"\/\" -DSONIC_USE_SIN=1 -DAUDIO_PLAY_NONE=1 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/RHVoice\" -DCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/RHVoice\" -I/usr/local/include/flite -Ibuild/linux2/lib -Isrc/lib -Isrc/include -Ibuild/linux2/hts_engine_api/include -Isrc/hts_engine_api/include src/lib/en_consonants_lts.c
    gcc -o build/linux2/lib/io_utils.os -c -Wno-unused-function -O2 -fPIC -finput-charset=UTF-8 -DPACKAGE=\"RHVoice\" -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -Dpath_sep=\"\/\" -DSONIC_USE_SIN=1 -DAUDIO_PLAY_NONE=1 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/RHVoice\" -DCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/RHVoice\" -I/usr/local/include/flite -Ibuild/linux2/lib -Isrc/lib -Isrc/include -Ibuild/linux2/hts_engine_api/include -Isrc/hts_engine_api/include src/lib/io_utils.c
    gcc -o build/linux2/lib/labels.os -c -Wno-unused-function -O2 -fPIC -finput-charset=UTF-8 -DPACKAGE=\"RHVoice\" -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -Dpath_sep=\"\/\" -DSONIC_USE_SIN=1 -DAUDIO_PLAY_NONE=1 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/RHVoice\" -DCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/RHVoice\" -I/usr/local/include/flite -Ibuild/linux2/lib -Isrc/lib -Isrc/include -Ibuild/linux2/hts_engine_api/include -Isrc/hts_engine_api/include src/lib/labels.c
    gcc -o build/linux2/lib/lib.os -c -Wno-unused-function -O2 -fPIC -finput-charset=UTF-8 -DPACKAGE=\"RHVoice\" -DVERSION=\"0.3\" -Dpath_sep=\"\/\" -DSONIC_USE_SIN=1 -DAUDIO_PLAY_NONE=1 -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/RHVoice\" -DCONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc/RHVoice\" -I/usr/local/include/flite -Ibuild/linux2/lib -Isrc/lib -Isrc/include -Ibuild/linux2/hts_engine_api/include -Isrc/hts_engine_api/include src/lib/lib.c
    src/lib/lib.c: In function 'hts_synth':
    src/lib/lib.c:911: error: 'sox_option_default' undeclared (first use in this function)
    src/lib/lib.c:911: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    src/lib/lib.c:911: error: for each function it appears in.)
    scons: *** [build/linux2/lib/lib.os] Error 1
    scons: building terminated because of errors.
    I'm not very much into compiling programs and source code, can somebody please tell me what does it mean that sox_option_default is "undeclared"?

I already have installed all the packages with the names libsox and sox. Will this be solved if I download and compile the latest versions of sox and libsox?

(ps:before I got to this point, there were problems referring to libunstring when compiling RHVoice. I solved them by compiling and installing the last version of libunstring from git.)

I hope you can help me, thank you very much in advance
    The Truth shall set you free

Beans

Re: Error trying to compile RHVoice - sox_option_default is "undeclared"

I get such a error "Checking for XML_ParserCreate("UTF-8") in C library expat... no
    Error: cannot link with expat". How to solve this problem?

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Error trying to compile RHVoice - sox_option_default is "undeclared"

Perhaps this will do for you Sorbing

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libexpat1-dev
    As for me: I gave up so far with this attempt. Nobody is helping here. As soon as I find enough free time I will switch to the latest LTS and then I'll try to go on from there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by El Potro View Post
    Perhaps this will do for you Sorbing

Code:
    As for me: I gave up so far with this attempt. Nobody is helping here. As soon as I find enough free time I will switch to the latest LTS and then I'll try to go on from there.
    Thank you kind sir, I was having a small problem:

Code:
    checking for XML_ParserCreate in -lexpat... no
    configure: error: Expat not found
    When trying to install jabberd-2.2.16 on my debian server.

Fixed it, and now I move onto the next issue...
    // Blog

Beans

I'm glad this helped you ikt. Regards.

Beans

src/lib/lib.c:
    Code:
    #ifndef SOX_OPTION_DEFAULT
    #define SOX_OPTION_DEFAULT sox_option_default
    #endif
    but
    Code:
    $ grep -ri sox_option_default /usr/include/sox.h 
    typedef enum {SOX_OPTION_NO, SOX_OPTION_YES, SOX_OPTION_DEFAULT} sox_option_t;
    So SOX_OPTION_DEFAULT is an enum value so the lib.c test will fail and the preprocessor define will take place and break the code, at least on my machine.
    Try removing the define from lib.c, should be ok, but I don't know when api's changed and so on