Thread: Please make a favor here !!

Beans

Help Me Please - Thanking You dears.

Pleasures,

I have a Laptop with 2.1 Dual Core, 160 HDD and 3 GB of RAM. I wanna install Ubuntu LATEST flavor in my Laptop, but the problem comes when I boot my Lappy with Ubuntu CD. I have written the CD at home. I tried with several Ubuntu flavors but the problem still exists. When I boot the CD, after the first screen, the Ubuntu Boot screen comes and then it takes a long time there, with dots moving (progress bar). I wanna ask whether my CD writing is fault, or there may be an error in .ISO file I download. My Lappy specification is just normal to run Ubuntu.

And also suggest me tha flavor which contain the Nmap and Metasploiot already installed in.

Looking forward for buddiest response. Thanks.

Beans

Is this Laptop not okay ? :D

Pleasures,

I have a Laptop with 2.1 Dual Core, 160 HDD and 3 GB of RAM. I wanna install Ubuntu LATEST flavor in my Laptop, but the problem comes when I boot my Lappy with Ubuntu CD. I have written the CD at home. I tried with several Ubuntu flavors but the problem still exists. When I boot the CD, after the first screen, the Ubuntu Boot screen comes and then it takes a long time there, with dots moving (progress bar). I wanna ask whether my CD writing is fault, or there may be an error in .ISO file I download. My Lappy specification is just normal to run Ubuntu.

And also suggest me tha flavor which contain the Nmap and Metasploiot already installed in.

Looking forward for buddiest response. Thanks

Beans

Please make a favor here !!

Pleasures,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Please make a favor here !!

Quote Originally Posted by zohraan View Post
    Pleasures,

I am going to assume that you waited at least 5 minutes with those dots? Check the hash of the iso to make sure that it is not incorrectly downloading. Also try a slower write spreed? Backtrack is the flavor you are looking for with Nmap and Metasploit. Try backtrack 5 r2.(latest version)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Please make a favor here !!

What type of video do you have on the laptop?
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi and welcome, please do not make multiple threads on the same issue. Threads merged.

Beans

All right, let me try once more. Please explain about CD writing speed, I can't figure out the correct cd writing speed, compatible with Ubuntu installation. Thanks all !!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

All right, let me try once more. Please explain about CD writing speed, I can't figure out the correct cd writing speed, compatible with Ubuntu installation. Thanks all !!!!
    You need to look at your CD burning software and look for where you change the burning speed. Then, set the speed to 1/2 of maximum or even lower than that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

As slow as you can.

The media and your drive have set limits, in your burning software choose the slowest.

Slow burns make more accurate images.

Rodney

Beans

All right, I will do try. Thanku so much.