Thread: Help Setting Up a Server!!!!!

Beans

Question Help Setting Up a Server!!!!!

Hello every one!

My name is Metrik and i need help setting up a server. I am doing this to help me understand more about them.

Ok enough about me and on to what i need help with.

First off. I have a SuperMicro (SuperServer6022P-6) with the black front. if you want more info about the server just ask and i will post it.
    It has an OS already on it from the guy that had it before me. but i want to replace it with a (Ubuntu server) but when i try with the OS that i download from (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server) and then i burnt it to a disc and put it in the SuperMicro and power it on and it boots up the ubuntu disc and it ask to choose a language and i click one and then it goes to the install menu and then when i hit Install Ubuntu it stalls for like 10 to 30 min and then the system restarts its self and does it all over again.

Any help would be great! Thanks Every One!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Help Setting Up a Server!!!!!

Hi Metrik.

One of the main options is to check the disk. Try that first to make sure the CD has been properly burned.

If you find an error, check if the ISO files was downloaded correctly by using the md5sums found here. If it is, try burning it again, but this time at a lower speed to reduce chances of error on the CD.

Just some thoughts.
    Regards.