Thread: Microsoft Fonts on LibreOffice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Microsoft Fonts on LibreOffice

Hello everyone.

I want to use Microsoft fonts on Ubuntu in order to raise compatibility between MSOffice files and LibreOffice. I have the mscorefonts installed on my ubuntu 12.04 but they are not available for use on LibreOffice (they don't appear on type of letter dropdown menu). How should I proceed to be able to use Microsoft fonts on LibreOffice?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Microsoft Fonts on LibreOffice

if you highlight the text you want in MS fonts, right click it and select "edit character", do you get the full range of fonts in the 'font' 'family' options? This is the only way I can get (for example) Times New Roman.

Anyone know how to get this in the right click menu though?
    'I know lifes a bummer baby, But thats got precious little to do with me' - Monster Magnet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

MS core fonts do appear in the font menu in Libre Office 3.5.3 on my 12.04 installation. I don't know what may have happened other than the fonts did not install properly .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    MS core fonts do appear in the font menu in Libre Office 3.5.3 on my 12.04 installation. I don't know what may have happened other than the fonts did not install properly .
    Actually, I just installed mscorefonts on my other PC which runs Lubuntu and indeed the MSfonts are on font menu, (Libre Office 3.5.3.2) I guess I will reinstall the package on ubuntu and see if it solves the problem.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bryncoles View Post
    if you highlight the text you want in MS fonts, right click it and select "edit character", do you get the full range of fonts in the 'font' 'family' options? This is the only way I can get (for example) Times New Roman.

Anyone know how to get this in the right click menu though?
    No, on Ubuntu I can't see it on the options, however everything is fine on Lubuntu. I will reinstall the package, that might work.