Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: User Ranks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: User Ranks

Quote Originally Posted by Technoviking View Post
    My only intention is to have the user ranks match the new theme. I will be using other pictograms for other user ranks.
    -.-
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

My only intention is to have the user ranks match the new theme. I will be using other pictograms for other user ranks.
    Yeah, obviously What I was thinking about is that you apparently use the same ubuntu logo for Forum Admin, Forum Staff and Ubuntu Member. Perhaps is it an idea to distinguish between these ranks graphically as well?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Looks nice to me. Only thing is, the images on post #9 are a bit tiny (at least in this machine at work), so I can't identify them very well (except for the first one). I think it would also be nice to have user icons that somehow relate to the user rank by post numbers. Something like the current system; not necessarily with coffee as a theme, but with some theme that can give an account of how many posts a user has or how advanced he/she is.

Cheers.
    Last edited by odiseo77; May 17th, 2012 at 11:30 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by odiseo77 View Post
    Looks nice to me. Only thing is, the images on post #9 are a bit tiny (at least in this machine at work), so I can't identify them very well (except for the first one). I think it would also be nice to have user icons that somehow relate to the user rank by post numbers. Something like the current system; not necessarily with coffee as a theme, but with some theme that can give an account of how many posts a user has or how advanced he/she is.

Cheers.
    I think they are just thumbnails.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Lips View Post
    What I was thinking about is that you apparently use the same ubuntu logo for Forum Admin, Forum Staff and Ubuntu Member. Perhaps is it an idea to distinguish between these ranks graphically as well?
    Just to expand on what I wrote above... Perhaps a different colour for these three different rank was all that was needed?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Lips View Post
    Just to expand on what I wrote above... Perhaps a different colour for these three different rank was all that was needed?
    +1 to your idea. A bit more variety in color would be nice, too. Any Lucid style purple coming up?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    +1 to your idea. A bit more variety in color would be nice, too. Any Lucid style purple coming up?
    Not in the branding guide.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    Nope, I can make a blue one for Kubuntu membership rank, but other than that.

T-V
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans

Nope, I can make a blue one for Kubuntu membership rank, but other than that.

T-V
    I feel for you Mike, I really do. Seems like they want you to paint a Picasso with both hands tied behind you back..

I know its tuff, but keep up the good work.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    I feel for you Mike, I really do. Seems like they want you to paint a Picasso with both hands tied behind you back..

I know its tuff, but keep up the good work.
    If it wasn't for the guidelines anything I would create would look at something a three year old would make.

T-V
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast