Thread: Ugr 12.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Ugr 12.10

Possible to install this new variant via Wubi? Not sure if I want to keep it just yet and don't want to have to rebuild BCD if I choose to remove.

Beans

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ugr 12.10

That's set up to download a version from the web and install. I was wondering if the version on the ISO would use the files already there instead of downloading from web.

Beans

I'd guess using wubi.exe from the CD will do likewise, but certainly downloading wubi.exe and running it with the 12.10 Live CD in the drive will access the drive to extract the files and install Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Wubi from the ISO installs faster but you have to download and burn the DVD so it's a horse a piece. Both will require updates after installation but it is nice to have the live DVD/USB.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by jcurtiswood View Post
    Possible to install this new variant via Wubi? Not sure if I want to keep it just yet and don't want to have to rebuild BCD if I choose to remove.
    It's not supported by Wubi. You might be able to trick wubi into installing it, but not directly from the ISO. 12.10 wubi only installs Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Lubuntu/Mythbuntu

Re tricking Wubi, here's an example of what I mean: http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.ca/...g-xubuntu.html

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bcbc View Post
    It's not supported by Wubi. You might be able to trick wubi into installing it, but not directly from the ISO. 12.10 wubi only installs Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Lubuntu/Mythbuntu

Re tricking Wubi, here's an example of what I mean: http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.ca/...g-xubuntu.html
    Thanks for the advice and answer to my question. I figure I'll just wait until Canonical officially endorses the spin.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by jcurtiswood View Post
    Thanks for the advice and answer to my question. I figure I'll just wait until Canonical officially endorses the spin.
    Good idea.

Sometimes I plug in an external USB drive and install to that. It works well if you just want to try it out (just make sure you install grub to the external drive).

It's not guaranteed that Wubi will support this in 13.04 (if you want it you should create a bug in launchpad to request it - otherwise the devs may not be aware of it).