Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Home Network with Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7

Beans

Re: Home Network with Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by walt11 View Post
    I probably shouldn't be offering advice, since I've needed so much myself, but-

When I set up the sharing on the Win7 PC, I followed jonandrews' detailed instructions at Post #9. If you haven't already, it may be worthwhile to check that yours conforms to that.

Once I was able to connect to the WORKGROUP (named exactly that), I'm asked for my Windows password twice: once to get access to the Win7 PC, and again to get access to the users directory. Once I've done that, I can access all the files.
    Since you struggled the most I consider your advice more tested. Will try your solution.

Beans

Here is a new question concerning the same issue. I was able to connect the Win 7 to Mythbuntu computer. It worked perfect the first 2 times. Since I have rebooted the computers they will not talk to each other. The Myth computer still sees the Win 7 computer but will not talk to it. The Win 7 computer does not see the Myth computer. I can not ping it or by typing the address into the run bar. What do you think? Is this something that anyone else has had before?

See the messages in "Network Mythbuntu to Windows 7" forum for all the other messages.

Beans

Thx, worked for me and was able to setup my shares with Samba. I bookmarked them after specifying each one by ip address and renaming them to the Windows machine name.

I still can't use the 'browse network' or see this machine from Windows 7 or from my Mac and a Linux Mint 13 install.

Other than that, I'm glad to be able to move data around again.

Thanks again

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeboza View Post
    Thx, worked for me and was able to setup my shares with Samba. I bookmarked them after specifying each one by ip address and renaming them to the Windows machine name.

I still can't use the 'browse network' or see this machine from Windows 7 or from my Mac and a Linux Mint 13 install.

Other than that, I'm glad to be able to move data around again.

Thanks again
    Come on! It shouldn't be this damn hard.

Beans

OK, finally figured out it works like my Mac OS 10 and the windows network, I signed up for this adventure and am having hugh highs and lows.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2078772

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234