Thread: Dropping Wireless connection.

Beans

Dropping Wireless connection.

Hello I have a compaq presario desktop running Ubuntu 12.04. My Netgear WN111v2 Wireless-N usb adapter connects to my hub for a short while then drops out. I have an old Belkin Wireless-G adapter and this works fine. Obviously I would prefer the speed of the Netgear over the slow Belkin ..... any help please?

Beans

Re: Dropping Wireless connection.

Bump ....... sorry but I need help please

Beans

I could've sworn I replied to this thread - google seems to agree. Maybe my post got deleted because I mentioned another linux? Anyway - I couldn't get the WN111v2 working consistently with ubuntu, even with the driver wrapper. Connection would drop as soon as any large transfers occurred.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by bones79 View Post
    I could've sworn I replied to this thread - google seems to agree. Maybe my post got deleted because I mentioned another linux? Anyway - I couldn't get the WN111v2 working consistently with ubuntu, even with the driver wrapper. Connection would drop as soon as any large transfers occurred.
    It was deleted because it didn't help OP whatsoever. If you want to post/help in our support forum, please provide help instead of opinions and personal experiences.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Beans

I am having the same problem. Works fine but as soon as large transfers go through it drops completely and won't reconnect unless i disconnect and reconnect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

same problem same computer, had to hard wire it, at least that works
    Made the swap to Ubuntu 10.04. THANK YOU ALL