Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logitech C270 webcam install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Logitech C270 webcam install.

Yes, I have this model too specifically and it worked out of the box...Video + audio quality is very good too!

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Logitech C270 webcam install.

Try installing Chrome browser for Ubuntu 12.04 should work out of the box, sound as well. Don't bother trying to use it on Firefox or Chromium as it won't work.If you have sound issues use PulseAudio.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodguy69 View Post
    Try installing Chrome browser for Ubuntu 12.04 should work out of the box, sound as well. Don't bother trying to use it on Firefox or Chromium as it won't work.If you have sound issues use PulseAudio.
    Works perfectly fine with both Firefox and Chromium...I would support either of those rather than closed source Chrome...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post
    Works perfectly fine with both Firefox and Chromium...I would support either of those rather than closed source Chrome...
    Can you tell me what you did in order to work with firefox? Are there some plugins for webcam in order to work with web browser or what?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Are both your video and audio feeds from your webcam not working? What version of Firefox are you using?

My first recommendation would be to get Cheese, which is a webcam program available for free in the Software Centre and see if your webcam works with it.

Beans

Beans

I just bought this webcam and I'm using it on my Kubuntu 12.10 machine. I had to set the device preference order in Multimedia settings (both for audio and video, moving the webcam to the top), restart, and it worked. Not sure if the restart was necessary, but it didn't work initially in Skype until I restarted.

Video and audio quality are great. Skype says the C270 is one of the supported HD (720p) webcams, but I'm not sure if that's true for linux, or just Windows or Windows and Mac. Anyone? (I can't tell if the video is streaming 720p or not though Skype.)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i just picked up 2 c260's refurbished from newegg, they are 720p webcam's, guess it's just like the c270 but older. going to be testing very soon with it. i am using 12.04 xubuntu 64 bit on my desktop and also have a laptop sony vaio running 12.04 ubuntu with gnome classic 32bit i'll be trying it on also.

Beans

I just get the c270 yesterday and it worked out-the box, i have ubuntu quantal 12.10 just plugged the USB and opened cheese, even worked on skype and it works amazing, fluid, nitid and smooth, its a great camera for a really nice price

Beans

I just wanted to add for those Googling that I just bought a Logitech C270 from Best Buy (July 2013) and I connected it to a Lenovo Twist running Fedora 18 64-bit with KDE and everything worked right out of the box (I used "Cheese" to test). I also tested it with Skype on Linux and it worked too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast