Thread: Can't burn Ubuntu .iso image to CD

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Can't burn Ubuntu .iso image to CD

I tried three times, unsuccessfully, to burn a Ubuntu .iso image to a CD following the instructions on the Download page. Each time after the burning is complete I get a popup instructing me to manually open the CD tray to finish the process, which I do by pressing the external release button on the tray as there is no other option at that point. Immediately after the tray opens I get an error message and unusable CD. I tried this to two different computers, one with 11.10 32-bit and the other with 12.04 64-bit with the same results. Anyone else having the same experience?

Beans

Re: Can't burn Ubuntu .iso image to CD

After first window show I always select cancel and then select burning software (Brasero k3b...) and continue with it.Just select that you want to burn iso and adjust burning speed to lowest possible and that is it.Even better and faster is to put iso on usb.You can use Multisystem.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Multisystem looks pretty interesting. Never heard of it. I'm going to try as I have around 15 Linux distro ISO's and half a dozen usb flash drives.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread! Thanks, zvacet.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans

Yes,Multisystem is good.You can run distro as live CD or you can install it if you like it.Of course you can show any one who is interested in how linux works withou touching HD.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans

I have those problems when using cd-rw media with ubuntu iso that are close to the max 700 of my cdrws. It always fails at some point. I usually use the dvd download and burn it to a dvd+r mainly because i do not have any blank cds.

When i look at the finish burn it says it burned 702 but the cdrw only has 700. Thats where my problems come in.