Thread: Audio player with lyrics loaded from file

Beans

Question Audio player with lyrics loaded from file

Hey there!
    I'm looking for an audio player (may be for gnome, kde, xfce, doesn't matter) in which I'd be able to load my own lyrics from a file. I have some language-learning podcasts and would like to have a transcript for them to automatically appear when the track changes.
    I've been searching quite thoroughly and couldn't find any player that would load lyrics from a file, all of them search the web to find the lyrics (I've even tried the heavy amarok) and it obviously won't work for a podcast.
    Thank you for you help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Audio player with lyrics loaded from file

Guayadeque will do this...it's a great player.
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.

Beans

Wow! I've never even heard of it and it's really great! I can manage all the files from inside of the player, I can specify the path where the lyrics should be saved and what is very important, it's all done in UTF-8, so it can handle all special marks in a language. Thank you very much! I think I wouln't be able to find a better player.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No problem at all. I think it's the best. If you add his PPA and install the -svn version, that's his working model and you will get updates as he makes them.

https://launchpad.net/~anonbeat/+archive/guayadeque
    Dell Inspiron 1764 Laptop, Intel CoreTM i5 520M), 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz, 512MB ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4330 Integrated Intel HD.