Thread: Wifi Connection is super slow and/or drops frequently

Beans

Question Wifi Connection is super slow and/or drops frequently

upgraded my laptop and desktop to Ubuntu 12.04 from 11.10, laptop is fine and working as usual, having massive issues with my desktop and the Internet. firstly the desktop has a bcm43 wireless card which i can see has serious issues already with 12.04, (was working perfect in 11.10 after firmware download) however i have tried a dlink usb adapter which is recognized as an atheros card, and has the same issues, and also with a netgear usb stick also same issues. basically when connected the internet runs fine for various amounts of time then hangs, and eventually drops altogether (although wireless connections remains) have tried all the bcm drivers, and atheros driver no change in performance, disabled power management my router is fine because all my consoles and laptop are working perfect, changed security back to WPA and off and still no change, have tried the ipv6 fix no change, am at a complete loss for what to try next. im still fairly new with linux so id appreciate any heads up. cheers

Beans

Re: Wifi Connection is super slow and/or drops frequently

so i purged all bcm43 files from the system and removed the card, now the wireless usb sticks are working perfect, can stream and download no issues, amazed at this as the card works perfect in Ubuntu 11.10 and in windows.