Thread: suspend/resume script failing

Beans

suspend/resume script failing

I have a startup script that changes my MAC address for me, but I noticed that after a successful suspend/resume it was changed back. So I did some research and put together a resume script that changes it back. I put in in /etc/pm/sleep.d/99_changemac-suspend. It actually points back to the original script in /etc/init.d that does the MAC change on boot and outputs $1 to a file so I can see that it ran and with what input.

The script runs fine when I execute it manually and I can tell it runs on resume because the output file shows the expected input of "resume", but my MAC is not as it should be. I can only assume that even with a start order of 99 something else is running after it which reinitializes the NIC and loses my custom settings.

What can I do to troubleshoot this issue? Is there a way to force my script to run last?
    I'm using 11.11

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: suspend/resume script failing

The scripts in /etc/pm/sleep.d run alphabetically ascending (0, 1, 2, a, b, c) during suspend and descending (c, b, a, 3, 2, 1) during resume. Try renaming your script to 02_changemac-suspend so it runs later in the process. See if that helps.