Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam coming to Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Steam coming to Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    Like donkyhotay said, porting Steam doesn't mean that all the games will automatically and magically be ported over. So if it even happens, what you'll end up with is a game downloading and launching client that can only open games that have been written for or ported to Linux. With all of the reports about Steam being ported, I haven't seen too many reports about the games that will be ported.
    Yeah, your probably right, so far it only sounds like its the valve games coming. But a start is a start, and once Linux draws more attention, its only a matter of time before we start getting the same as the rest.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm using Steam now and playing games on Linux. Sadly, not every game works well but about 80% of the ones I play are working just fine. I have trouble with TFC2. I have no complaints, really. Just wondering why Valve doesn't see the potential. They're going to be caught with their pants down if Windows 8 (or anything after that) bombs. Linux is much more stable and consistent.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by criticalsmile View Post
    I'm using Steam now and playing games on Linux. Sadly, not every game works well but about 80% of the ones I play are working just fine. I have trouble with TFC2. I have no complaints, really. Just wondering why Valve doesn't see the potential. They're going to be caught with their pants down if Windows 8 (or anything after that) bombs. Linux is much more stable and consistent.
    Yeah, I use steam through wine also, I black ops single player work perfect, zombies gets laggy, and multiplayer doesn't work at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I've heard about EA doing some deal with Linux too.
    Question Everything

Beans

Talking Re: Steam coming to Ubuntu

I'll get a bottle of champagne for the day when I can finally play Sid Meier's Civilization NATIVELY on GNU/Linux.

Win!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12