Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Flashplugin versus Noscript

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Adobe Flashplugin versus Noscript

Yes, Bleachbit is in the repositories, and yes if you run it after every browser session it can be used to remove everything that was stored, cached, or otherwise placed in a browser's directory, and it can clear things left by Flash, and it can clear out the Java cache (if anyone uses that). Highly recommend it, especially after a Chromium session. Matter of fact it can clean up after any application that it lists. I do not recommend using the option to run it as root (separate launcher!) unless you know exactly what it's clearing out and whether you need it or not.

Beans

Re: Adobe Flashplugin versus Noscript

I installed Lucid Lynx, but am an "absolute beginner" to linux. Got tired of Windows problems. I've been using it for over a month and like it, BUT --

I installed No Script and I know it's in there, but I can't find it in a panel or any other place. Occasionally I see it when videos or other websites come up. So far as I know it's running, but I can't control it. I used it when I did Windows, so I understand how to use it, but if you don't see the icon, well --- I've done a number of online searches about this problem, but have not found the answer.

Now I do run Firefox and have this plugin --
    Shockwave FlashShockwave Flash 11.2 r202 11.2.202.0

So, is there a conflict? Any help would be extremely appreciated. B-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12