Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very unstable wifi connection after upgrade to 12.04 (Intel Ultimate-N 6300)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Very unstable wifi connection after upgrade to 12.04 (Intel Ultimate-N 6300)

Quote Originally Posted by cleopatra View Post
    I have the same problem, tried the two sudo and they did not help.

I also tried to add "the option '11n_disable=1' for module iwlwifi in /etc/modprobe.d.", but I don't even find the file, ...
    You can write the option to whatever file you like inside /etc/modprobe.d/. The whole directory is sourced by modprobe. I for example added a file /etc/modprobe.d/thinkpad.conf with (among others) the entry:

Code:
    # disable 11n functionality to stabilize wifi
    options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
    Quote Originally Posted by cleopatra View Post
    could anyone help me? Do I need to check my hardware? better if I could just change config files...
    If that doesn't help, then I've no glue either, sorry.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Very unstable wifi connection after upgrade to 12.04 (Intel Ultimate-N 6300)

Do I need to check my hardware?
    Yes, please run and post:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0280
    but I don't even find the file,
    The idea is, if we determine you need the file, we create the file. If the parameter didn't help, I doubt the file will help. We'll probably need to dig deeper.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Yes, please run and post:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0280
    The idea is, if we determine you need the file, we create the file. If the parameter didn't help, I doubt the file will help. We'll probably need to dig deeper.
    Hi chili and mejo!

here it is, seems to be a constant hardware config:

$ lspci -nn | grep 0280
    05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) [168c:002e] (rev 01)

A WEIRD thing is that I only have this wifi problem at home. And at home, it sometimes works fast, sometimes really slow, sometimes seemingly stagnant...

Now the wifi at home is ok. So maybe I should run some command when it runs slow to diagnose?

Beans
    Distro

You don't have an Intel card, the subject of this thread. Please start a new thread and send me a PM if I don't catch it right away.
    Atheros Communications Inc. AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) [168c:002e]
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. already try the proposed solution but it only works for some time.

02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [8086:0082] (rev 34)

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

but it only works for some time.
    Meaning what? It stops working effectively after a reboot or after an hour??

Beans

Meaning what? It stops working effectively after a reboot or after an hour??
    About a month. but since last week or so start having problems again.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by albahnsen View Post
    About a month. but since last week or so start having problems again.

Thanks.
    Please change the file you created from this:
    Code:
    ...to this:
    Code:
    options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 bt_coex_active=N
    Reboot and let it run for a while and let us have your report.

Beans

Thanks! I will let you know how it works.

Beans

Please change the file you created from this:
    Code:
    ...to this:
    Code:
    options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 bt_coex_active=N
    Reboot and let it run for a while and let us have your report.
    Guys it work for 3 days, but today it starts being unstable again. Now is different than before, every time it disconnect then it reconnects after a minute, in the past it would not reconnect until I restart.

thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast