I have downloaded the newest Ubuntu server iso image and have problems with setting up the cloud. Here is what has happened so far.

Using a VMWare 4.0 server as the install platform.

Attempt #1
· created controller on VMWare server. Install went smooth with no problems. IP address for MAAS controller was 192.168.1.9 (from network DHCP server –Endian firewall).
· Created maas superuser as per instructions. Worked correctly.
· Opened IE9 on Win7 desktop and went to MAAS page 192.168.1.9/MAAS as per instructions. Page opened correctly.
· Performed sudo maas-import-isos. Worked correctly.
· Created 2 nodes in VMWare. Installed correctly. Nodes shut down correctly.
· Opened IE9 on Win7 desktop and went to MAAS page 192.168.1.9/MAAS as per instructions. Page opened correctly.
· Attempted to “Accept and Commission” nodes. System hung on me. I had to shutdown controller and reboot.
· Could not get back to MAAS Admin page at 192.168.1.9/MAAS.
· Deleted all VMWare machines from disk and inventory on VMWare server and started over.

Attempt #2 through-------- several more !!

Did all of the same as above. When I tried to open the webpage at 192.168.1.9/MAAS or any other IP address that I tried during various install attempts I would get an webpage error. If I entered just the controller IP address I would get the Apache
IT WORKS” but there is no content loaded for this webpage notice.

I have tried this with several different IP addresses, on a bare metal machine, a different subnet on the network and with Firefox, Chrome and IE 8 and IE 9 on different desktop machines. Every attempt has provided the same response: If I entered just the controller IP address I would get the Apache IT WORKS” but there is no content loaded for this webpage notice. If I enter the ip/MAAS address I get a webpage error.

I have even re-downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 iso image and tried all over again. Same problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Evan