Thread: Diablo 3 and more.

Hybrid View

Beans

Diablo 3 and more.

Hey there. I used ubuntu a while back but for school i needed to hop back on windows7. With that said i got a bit of a list im gonna throw together of things id like to know before i dive in.

First and for-most has some one already gotten diablo3 beta to work on Ubuntu?

I have a gtx550 ti, an intel i5 and 8 gigs of ram all on a p55 le. I know ill take a performance hit but will i be able to play at medium - high gfx.

Also how many spotify clients are there? (implying that there are some)

Also i dont want to pirate any programs. So how much will crossover or preferably a one time payment program. Cost?

Also how up to date are the graphics drivers from ubuntu? (Last time i had a radeon) I have a nvidia now so i think ill be better right?

Also Can i partition my 1 tb hd to install ubuntu on it? Id like to be able to just clean it manually than wipe it.

Halp Plz.
    Last edited by Suluj; May 11th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Diablo 3 and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Suluj View Post
    First and for-most has some one already gotten diablo3 beta to work on Ubuntu?

I have a gtx550 ti, an intel i5 and 8 gigs of ram all on a p55 le. I know ill take a performance hit but will i be able to play at medium - high gfx.
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=71159

check out what every one says about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suluj View Post
    Also i dont want to pirate any programs. So how much will crossover or preferably a one time payment program. Cost?
    Start with using Wine and then you might want to look into buying crossover, but I wouldnt think it is worth it for a single game that they might not be supporting.

Beans

Re: Diablo 3 and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bölvağur View Post
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=71159

check out what every one says about it.

Start with using Wine and then you might want to look into buying crossover, but I wouldnt think it is worth it for a single game that they might not be supporting.
    Hmm Thank you for that.