Thread: Is there something fishy in this WINE output?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Is there something fishy in this WINE output?

So, when I try running Altium Designer under WINE, if I try looking through the footprint images, it hangs and freezes. But I don't know why. I ran it through terminal, does anyone see anything funny in it?except the smilies?
    ibo@ibo-VPCF130FD:~$ wine '/home/ibo/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Altium/AD 10/DXP.EXE'
    fixme:winisableProcessWindowsGhosting : stub
    fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey ((nil),1,0x00000003,2D): stub
    fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x32fd50,0x00000001,0x32fd6c) stub
    fixme:advapi:LsaClose (0xcafe) stub
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x110000 1 (nil) 0
    fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETLANGOPTIONS: stub
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {1a960ece-0e57-4a68-b694-8373114f1ff4} not registered
    errle:create_server class {1a960ece-0e57-4a68-b694-8373114f1ff4} not registered
    errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {1a960ece-0e57-4a68-b694-8373114f1ff4} could be created for context 0x5
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {82c5ab54-c92c-4d52-aac5-27e25e22604c} not registered
    errle:create_server class {82c5ab54-c92c-4d52-aac5-27e25e22604c} not registered
    errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {82c5ab54-c92c-4d52-aac5-27e25e22604c} could be created for context 0x5
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f2bc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f280,0x00000000), stub!
    could not find the resource:a148e300-5740-11d1-a904-080036aaa103.Location
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x204fe, 0x15dde0): stub
    fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
    fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
    fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECTED_STATE: semi-stub
    fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (120000): STUB
    fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 43
    fixme:wininet:INET_QueryOption Stub for 44
    fixme:wininet:URLCache_FindFirstFreeEntry Grow file
    err:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal no free entries
    fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
    fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
    fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x32f9e0,0x00000001,0x32f9fc) stub
    fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (120000): STUB
    fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (30000): STUB
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (30000): STUB
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f730,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x32f95c,0x00000001,0x32f978) stub
    fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x32f9e0,0x00000001,0x32f9fc) stub
    could not find the resource:a148e300-5740-11d1-a904-080036aaa103.Location
    fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hUnknown1 0x180544 bUnknown2 0: stub!
    fixme:win:WINNLSEnableIME hUnknown1 0x180544 bUnknown2 -1: stub!
    Terminated
    ibo@ibo-VPCF130FD:~$

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Is there something fishy in this WINE output?

Moved to Wine.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I don't know what version of anything you're running, but for one version, Wine's appdb says you should install these things in winetricks:

You need to install the following with winetricks:
    dx9 for the DirectX accelerated graphics (helps with ghosting of PCB lines)
    dcom98 tahoma corefonts mdac28 mdac27 mfc42 dotnet20
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You can ignore all those "fixme" errors, they are just developer notes about functions still not implemented in Wine (you can't fix them unless you are going to code and submit patches to Wine). The "err" errors are the real problems and most of those look like they would be addressed by installing the dcom, mdac, mfc and dotnet packages with winetricks that forrestcupp mentioned.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

I'm also running Altium with wine under Ubuntu 12.04 and have done so for about a year. As I'm working with Altium I have also documented (at company wiki) how to set up and run it, in case any colleague needs to do the same.
    With this post I'm now subscribing to this thread, just ask if there is any issue.

I installed wine1.5 with this PPA.
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine1.5 winetricks tahoma corefonts mdac28 mdac27 mfc42 ie6 dotnet20 msxml4 ie8

To get rid of most warnings I run Altium with this command:
    WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,err-all,warn+cursor,-all wine "/home/arune/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Altium/AD 10/DXP.EXE"
    That also makes Altium run faster.

Could be a good idea to disable compiz in Ubuntu if you are having problems with computer freezes.

I also needed to change Repository location under Account preferences -> Installation Manager to http://installation.altium.com