Thread: Keyboard shortcut settings dialog/changes don't work after upgrade 11.10 to 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Keyboard shortcut settings dialog/changes don't work after upgrade 11.10 to 12.04

I just upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04.

I have some custom keyboard shortcuts, and they still work.

But the standard ones, for instance, maximising a window, have changed. Worse, under Settings - > keyboard -> shortcuts, the shortcuts listed do not (all) correspond to what actually happens, and if I make a change there it doesn't have any effect !

Should I be looking somewhere else??
    Thanks!
    latest release of Ubuntu on Lenovo X230T, Lenovo T410s, HP Mini, and Zareason Lightlap in Montréal, Canada

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Keyboard shortcut settings dialog/changes don't work after upgrade 11.10 to 12.04

Well, I've not solved this. For example, "Toggle fullscreen mode" in the Shortcuts dialogue says "Alt-F10", but that doesn't work.

However, holding down the Super key gives a nice summary of shortcuts that do work. And I like the new defaults (ctrl-super followed by arrow keys) for resizing the window to preset sizes.

c
    latest release of Ubuntu on Lenovo X230T, Lenovo T410s, HP Mini, and Zareason Lightlap in Montréal, Canada

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Keyboard shortcut settings dialog/changes don't work after upgrade 11.10 to 12.04

Here's a bug report that's sort of related... though it doesn't emphasize the bug with the Settings dialogue:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ty/+bug/955965