Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mousekeys too slow

Beans

Mousekeys too slow

Hello,

I've enabled mousekeys. However, it's unusable because it's much too slow. I have put the maximum acceleration and sensibility in the config panel but it didn't change anything.

Does anyone know how to make it work properly, please ?

Beans

Re: Mousekeys too slow

Same problem here. Totally unusable as it's too slow. Did not found a solution yet

Beans

I'm having exactly the same problem. Ideas anyone? I tried changing the mouse speed to no avail. The cursor moves at about 9 pixels per second.

I'm using a gamer's keyboard (steelseries). Don't know if that makes any difference.

Beans

Here the same problem.

In ubuntu 11 there was an option to increase the speeds of mousekeys, But I can't find the option in 12.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Same here! Is their a fix yet?

Beans

[SOLVED] Re: Mousekeys too slow

You can play around with xkbset for the right settings. Found the answer here:

http://www.exuro.co.uk/2012/07/114/

Firstly open a terminal window and type the following to install the xkbset package:

sudo apt-get install xkbset

A simple one line command can then be used to configure the acceleration:

xkbset ma [delay] [interval] [time to max] [max speed] [curve]

For those new to command-line interfaces, the brackets imply that they need to be replaced by a numerical value, tailored to suite a particular use. I have recently used the following for my configuration:

xkbset ma 60 10 10 20 10

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Mousekeys too slow

That particular setting turned out to be too fast. A better setting for me was:

xkbset ma 60 10 10 5 2

Beans

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but since the above is relevant to my issue I thought I'd repost.

I'm using mousekeys and a cheap wireless keyboard to use Ubuntu as a living room PC. Works great for most of what I want. However, I'm having a problem with mousekeys that's very closely related to this.

I go through and set up everything using xkbset to get the cursor smoothly moving across the screen. Then I decide "Hmm, I need to right click. OK, press -, then 5 will be right click. OK, now time to press / and make 5 a left click again. Why, oh why, does my cursor jump all over the place now?"

So, basically, after every press of / * - to change which button mouseclicks is simulating, I have to re-run xkbset. Really, really frustrating. If someone points me to a bugzilla page for this, I'd appreciate it. I'm tracking down all kinds of weird stuff related to mousekeys... seems like it's a neglected feature that's working its way out.

Here's a diff of the results of "xkbset q" before and after changing the button:

Code:
    bogus@trumper:~$ diff xkbq_Working.txt xkbq_AfterButtonChange.txt 
    14,17c14,17
    < Mouse-Keys Acceleration Interval = 10
    < Mouse-Keys Acceleration Time to Max = 10
    < Mouse-Keys Acceleration Max Speed = 5
    < Mouse-Keys Acceleration Curve = 10
    ---
    > Mouse-Keys Acceleration Interval = 100
    > Mouse-Keys Acceleration Time to Max = 1
    > Mouse-Keys Acceleration Max Speed = 50
    > Mouse-Keys Acceleration Curve = 50
    Any help with how to get these settings to stick around through normal mousekey use would be appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bogustrumper View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but since the above is relevant to my issue I thought I'd repost.
    Well... Since you bumped, i will add that I have this issue too :P

It's ok because the thread is less than a year old.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast