Thread: HP Pavilion dm1 3200sd questions (touchpad, battery popup)

Beans

HP Pavilion dm1 3200sd questions (touchpad, battery popup)

Hey everyone,

Just installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my new shiny HP Pavilion dm1 3200sd, however there are a few issues i hope you can help me with:

First, the touchpad isn't working like it should, its one of those touchpads that had a left and right button, but the buttons are also used for mouse movement. I cant right click and the mouse is "jumpy". Is there any way to get this touchpad to work like it should?

Second, when i disconnect the power supply i get a popup that my battery is discharging, thats fine, however the popup keeps randomly comming back. Is there any way to make the popup show only once?

Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: HP Pavilion dm1 3200sd questions (touchpad, battery popup)

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotroot View Post
    Hey everyone,

First, the touchpad isn't working like it should, its one of those touchpads that had a left and right button, but the buttons are also used for mouse movement. I cant right click and the mouse is "jumpy". Is there any way to get this touchpad to work like it should?
    Hi Imnotroot,

A bit late for answer, but it might serve others.

The right click does work if you tap with two fingers instead of one! I found this out by accident.

Scrolling with two fingers works much smoother and more reliable then in Windows7 but you have to adjust it in the systems panel for the best results.

Another tip: set the screen brightness in the systems settings, otherwise you have to use your keys after every reboot to make it dimmer.

Beans

Re: HP Pavilion dm1 3200sd questions (touchpad, battery popup)

Quote Originally Posted by Magalaan View Post
    Scrolling with two fingers works much smoother and more reliable then in Windows7 but you have to adjust it in the systems panel for the best results.
    correction: This option only appears if you have gnome3 installed.