Thread: PlayOnLinux : Steam Error

Beans

Question PlayOnLinux : Steam Error

Hey, Ok so I made a post last night, and for some reason its gone now, I'm not sure if its deleted or not, I think I should get like a message if it was.. so anyway, my problem is, when I try to open Steam I get this error " Fatal Error: Could not load Module 'bin/FileSystem_Steam.dll' "

I see people able to play steam still today through PlayOnLinux, and I set it up properly, by installing steam through PlayOnLinux, it even fetched the right version of wine that I needed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgY-TyUASb0
    I recorded a video of it so I could show you what happens. Its unlisted, so it can only be viewed through that link.
    Last edited by v0 HaVoK 0v; May 13th, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Beans

Re: PlayOnLinux : Steam Error

Wow I actually fixed it, I can't believe I managed to do something on my own for once xD
    If someone has this problem, post here and I can at least tell you what I done to fix it

Beans

I just had the same problem after updating. How did you fix it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ckipping View Post
    I just had the same problem after updating. How did you fix it?
    Ok, well first of download wine 1.5.4, because it was the errors I got in installing 1.5.4 that were the problem, so I started fixing the errors so that I could install wine 1.5.4, but every error I fixed more came, but luckily they were only really having to install new things, so start by installing 1.5.4 then if you get a error let me know.

Edit : but I think the main thing that fixed it was the installing 32bit development files, Not sure though.
    Last edited by v0 HaVoK 0v; May 14th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.