Thread: How to bring back "expo mode" in 12.04?

Beans

How to bring back "expo mode" in 12.04?

Hi,
    In the previous versions of Ubuntu "expo mode" was accessed by the keyboard shortcut 'Super + W', which caused all windows from all workspaces to be spread on the screen so one could easily navigate between all open windows. However, after upgrading to 12.04 LTS, the same shortcut only spreads windows in the current workspace. My question is: is there a new keyboard shortcut for "expo mode", or maybe a way to bring the old functionality back?
    Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to bring back "expo mode" in 12.04?

you can change this option in ccsm.

go to ¨expo¨ option, de-select the single workspace options and select the multiple workspace options.

job done.

ps compiz as a nasty habit of ¨forgetting¨ these settings, so you may have to reset.

personally i have just switched to the kde DE. expo is built in. no more compiz for me
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car.

Beans

Super + W uses the scale plugin and now, only shows windows from the current workspace.
    I use the ring switcher to show windows from all workspaces.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by flipper T View Post
    you can change this option in ccsm.

go to ¨expo¨ option, de-select the single workspace options and select the multiple workspace options.

job done.

ps compiz as a nasty habit of ¨forgetting¨ these settings, so you may have to reset.

personally i have just switched to the kde DE. expo is built in. no more compiz for me
    I did not find a single/multiple workspace options in the expo menu. However, i followed your other advice and switched to kde, so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    Super + W uses the scale plugin and now, only shows windows from the current workspace.
    I use the ring switcher to show windows from all workspaces.
    I guess you are right, this shortcut is no longer available in 12.04.

Thank you all for the help