Zoom button

It's a $35 Logitech cordless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: 12.04 Desktop Cube Compiz Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    Mine has ten:...
    Well, thanks for those... I hadn't realised that some actions were considered to be buttons!

I have three physical buttons (left, right and middle) but more logical ones:

1. Left click
    2. Middle click
    3. Right click
    4. Middle scroll up
    5. Middle scroll down

I also have middle scroll left and middle scroll right (which do work for scrolling, e.g. in text), but Compiz doesn't seem to recognise them as any button.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Has anyone else experienced this particular peice of weirdness: Once I finally got the desktop cube up-and-running, I tried to carry it over to another desktop with Ctrl-Shift-Alt-Right. The cube rotated, the window came with it, but then the instant the cube finished rotating, the window "snapped back" to the desktop that it was previously on. Haven't been able to successfully carry windows from one desktop to another without dragging them, which is cumbersome to the point of being broken

Edit: I notice that when I rotate, there's a little "blip" right when the cube comes to a rest where it flashes back to the contents of the cube face I started on. Seems like that might be related
    Last edited by DorianX; July 2nd, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: additional info

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DorianX View Post
    Has anyone else experienced this particular peice of weirdness: Once I finally got the desktop cube up-and-running, I tried to carry it over to another desktop with Ctrl-Shift-Alt-Right. The cube rotated, the window came with it, but then the instant the cube finished rotating, the window "snapped back" to the desktop that it was previously on. Haven't been able to successfully carry windows from one desktop to another without dragging them, which is cumbersome to the point of being broken

Edit: I notice that when I rotate, there's a little "blip" right when the cube comes to a rest where it flashes back to the contents of the cube face I started on. Seems like that might be related
    Old bug.
    You can try a compiz/proposed ppa which will fix.
    I am using at the moment with an nvidia card.
    See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1996273

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    Old bug.
    You can try a compiz/proposed ppa which will fix.
    I am using at the moment with an nvidia card.
    See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1996273
    Thanks. That cleared up my issue. I did notice that the CPU usage of compiz shot through the roof until I turned off some of the visual effects that defaulted on, but otherwise it's fairly smooth.

Now I just have tofind a theme that's a little bit less aggressively ugly

Beans

Thanks. That cleared up my issue. I did notice that the CPU usage of compiz shot through the roof until I turned off some of the visual effects that defaulted on, but otherwise it's fairly smooth.

Now I just have tofind a theme that's a little bit less aggressively ugly
    I like this theme.Plain and unobtrusive.
    https://launchpad.net/~tista/+archive/selene

Deb download
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stinkeye; July 3rd, 2012 at 04:57 AM.

Beans

Hard to know which topic to follow, but I am getting EXACTLY this. The windows go mental if you try to drag them over to another workspace when cubing, only to return to their original position. And this is in Ubuntu 12.10 (Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M).
    Last edited by Jetro; November 8th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Jetro View Post
    Hard to know which topic to follow, but I am getting EXACTLY this.
    It is a bug with Compiz in Ubuntu. I don't know why. There is no date for resolution; you just have to not use the cube (or use a different distro).

Beans

I have used the desktop cube in 10.04 on my desktop (AMD X2 2.9ghz powered, with an ATI HD4200 graphics card) for a couple of years with no problems, in fact I find it very useful, but trying to use it on my Lenovo S205 (AMD E300 fusion chipset) running 12.04 was an exercise in futility.

Using Gnome-classic desktop, I had the problem with the last workspace flashing up after changing to another one, taskbar buttons not disappearing after a program was closed, and eventually I had to hard reset because the system just froze when I changed back to Desktop Wall.

Not exactly a big deal, but a bit disappointing after being used to it working so seamlessly on my desktop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by AliPM View Post
    Not exactly a big deal, but a bit disappointing after being used to it working so seamlessly on my desktop.
    Very disappointing. To me, the Cube is one of the best features on Compiz, and I miss it greatly.

You can find many unresolved bugs regarding the Cube on Launchpad.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast