Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WiFi in 12.04 works, stops working, requires reboot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: WiFi in 12.04 works, stops working, requires reboot

Aaaaaah, what a relief I found your thread. Same problem with Fujitsu T730 on Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200. After checking out your linked threads it seems to be the explanation for problems with my wifi for almost half a year now.

Is there a way to make the workaround permanent in 12.04 and how to switch N back on again in case?

Beans

Smile Re: WiFi in 12.04 works, stops working, requires reboot

My DWA-131 was still dropping out with N switched off, although that did make it more stable.

I ended up buying one of these wifi bridges, which works well, you have to set it up under windows though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vonets-VAP11.../dp/B0050AI804

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have the same issue on an HP ProBook 4530s.

I can narrow my issue down to being non-adapter specific, as I've used both Atheros and Realtek 802.11n cards and have the same issue on either. Also, it does not do it while running on AC, only if I suspend while on battery. Resume works, except wireless is disabled. Only a reboot cures it.

Hope that helps narrow it down.
    HP ProBook 4530s - 4GB RAM - 12.04 AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

For those having trouble with wifi not waking up after suspend, this might be worth a try.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...21&postcount=2

Please note:
    Note to searchers: Substitute your wireless driver module for rt3572sta above.

Beans

12.04, usb WiFi no longer works after suspend, requires unplug & replug or restart

my status: total newb
    my setup: inspiron 350, quad core, usb wifi = Rosewill RNX-N150UBE
    Similar problem as original post: after suspend, wifi card doesn't work
    temporary solutions: unplug usb wifi card or restart

my input: I don't know if my first temporary solution sheds any light on the matter, but restarting is no longer necessary, since I simply need to uplug the wifi.

my question: Is it possible to write a script (or whatever code solutions are called) that does something analogous to unmounting and then mounting the wifi card, regardless of whether the wifi card is usb or PCI express, or whatever? In other words, is it possible to write code that effectively unplugs the wifi card for you, and then effectively plugs it back in?
    Last edited by Experimental Manatee; January 26th, 2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Need to edit title.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123